Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: New GoPro HERO5 Firmware Update!!

Just a pondering question... I just purchased Hero 5 Session. I already had a 4 Silver. Love the night shooting ability of the 4 Silver aka the long shutter times etc. Is there a way to add more shutter options for Hero 5? Maybe 10sec 15sec... 15 seems to do just great. And maybe 4000k option... Nonetheless, Hero 5 Session is my fav to date. Thanks!!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Currently there are no options for extended shutter times on the Session beyond the current options (2 and 5 seconds).

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi, is there any plans for a new firmware update? one which allows the SD card to not error out so many times? im starting to think about returning the camera as i didnt have these issues with my hero 3 black....

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

We did release an update for the HERO5 cameras a few weeks ago. I can't speak to future updates that may or may not come though. If there are specific issues you're having, we'll be glad to address those.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I recently bought Hero Black 5 - used it for 1 weekend and then was notified it needed an update. It has now, for the past 3 days, been stuck in update loop (shows 1/2 update then switches to fast blinking lights and an exclamation point in a circle). I tried removing SD card and doing a manual update per other feeds online, and this is also unsuccesful. I have tried contacting support - as I am leaving to go on a trip (reason for purchasing this camera) in 5 days, and am hugely disappointed on the amount of money I spent and now am without a working camera. I am unable to utilize any camera controls at this time so cannot even do a factory reset. Hoping to get through to customer service before my trip, but have been very disappointed for the past 3 days as I have not been able to reach anyone on either chat or phone. Any other suggestions on what I can do on my end....this is very frustrating.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Are you getting the same errors when doing a manual update as you are when you update using Quik for Desktop or the Capture app? The manual update at https://gopro.com/update/hero5 is a very reliable method to update the camera's firmware, so it is surprising that that method is not completing.

If there's any more information you can share, that would help. Also, can you confirm which SD card you are using and if you have have reformatted the card prior to loadinf the Update files onto the SD card?

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

hello
i bought my camera from germany
every thing worked great until i upgraded the firmware to the latest one 2.0 now the wifi wont work. the blue light is flashing constantly and it does not get recognized by windows 10 and other operating system. i have done a manual update couple time the upgrade was successful. i have no idea what might be the problem .. i can use the camera to take movie and foto but wifi and windows does not work also capture does not work...

gopro hero 5
micro sd San disk extreme 64 gb

please help

thank you in advanced.

Regards
sam

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous You may want to reach out to support for additional troubleshooting! You can get in touch with us by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Cheers,

Ryan