Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

New GoPro 8 May 23 2020, date keeps resetting to Jan-1-2016 upon battery removal, GoPro 5 never did

[ New ]

The subjext title says it exactly:

New GoPro 8 May 23 2020, date keeps resetting to Jan-1-2016 upon battery removal, GoPro 5 never did.

I bought the GoPro 8 as an "upgrade" over my GoPro 5, as I'm now riding more with my 14 & 16 year old boys and want to capture the fun and action with them.

We use the GoPro 8, I take the battery out and charge it overnight.

Then next time use it put battery in, and at trailhead hit quick start.

Upon coming back the date outta wack, did I get a faulty unit with a dead small battery in it?

I seem to read the GoPro 5 has a small Lith battery for date / time.

Should I submit warranty claim?  Never in a crash.etc.

TIA,

Mike Rosinski.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: New GoPro 8 May 23 2020, date keeps resetting to Jan-1-2016 upon battery removal, GoPro 5 never

[ New ]

Hi @mtbdudex

Date reset happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

Make sure to check the date/time set before using the camera.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Re: New GoPro 8 May 23 2020, date keeps resetting to Jan-1-2016 upon battery removal, GoPro 5 never

[ New ]

btw, I did apply this to it

GoPro Hero 8 fw 2.0 released Aug 27 2020

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mtbdudex

Date reset happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

Make sure to check the date/time set before using the camera.

Thanks!

Ej