Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

New Go Pro Battery Strap Detached

[ New ]

Hey Everyone,

I purchased Hero 7 Black almost 2 months ago. I was shootig a time lapse yesterday and post that when I tried to pull out the battery, the strap on the tab cam out neatly due to super glue not being adehisive anymore. 

I was surprised to see the quality of the battery that they offer these days with the GoPro However, after reading articles on the community I realised that I need to connect with support. 

To my surprise, Support team directly denied any warranty or covering my product under manufacturing defect, I have no idea how to esclate this. The Guy on the call from support was really rude as if even they are tired of this issue.

Any idea how can I reach out to management or take any legitimate action for such negligence of Manufacturing defect?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: New Go Pro Battery Strap Detached

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez ! Updating the thread for a huge shoutout to the community team and the awesome Go Pro Support team. I got a call today from Katherine and she fixed everything for me. It was totally unexpected and one of the best Support conversations I have had in months.

For all the users looking for the answer: TLDR; Battery Tab cab be detached due to the camera being super hot if you record a 4K video. My advice would be: never pull out the battery from your GoPro immediately after recording/charging. Allow it some time to cool down and gently remove the battery. GoPro can't ship batteries itself as a standalone product so the best option is to buy a new battery and then call the Support team to check if this is covered (if you are certain it's a manufacturing defect).

If not, you can simply try the following simple hack I found on youtube to use the battery without the tab(though make sure to use good quality sticking tape): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqFZ2d-rRf4 

View solution in original post

My GoPro Hero 7 battery pull tab to remove the battery from the GoPro came off. I could not get the original back in. So I came up with what is in this vide...

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @shreyanshj81. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Is there a Support case number that we can check?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey @aenriquez! Thanks for looking into this, The case number is #08004495 

Also, please have a look at the response(attached) from one of your support rep which assured me a callback from their supervisor that never happened (AFAIK the rep on the call seem to be really really rude and dizzy)

I purchased the battery right away on the call and shared the actually paid invoice and they want a picture of the product to avoid fraud. If I were to really do fraud I would have clicked the picture and returned back the order. 

I don't understand how difficult it is for the team to understand that it's a known manufacturing defect! 

screenshot-outlook.live.com-2020.07.11-00_22_57.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for providing the details, @shreyanshj81. We've raised the concerns to the team in charge. Please keep your lines open for any update from the team. We appreciate your time and patience throughout this process.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the help! I am open to discuss in detail and will keep.this post updated for the final resolution that can helo others as well
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez ! Updating the thread for a huge shoutout to the community team and the awesome Go Pro Support team. I got a call today from Katherine and she fixed everything for me. It was totally unexpected and one of the best Support conversations I have had in months.

For all the users looking for the answer: TLDR; Battery Tab cab be detached due to the camera being super hot if you record a 4K video. My advice would be: never pull out the battery from your GoPro immediately after recording/charging. Allow it some time to cool down and gently remove the battery. GoPro can't ship batteries itself as a standalone product so the best option is to buy a new battery and then call the Support team to check if this is covered (if you are certain it's a manufacturing defect).

If not, you can simply try the following simple hack I found on youtube to use the battery without the tab(though make sure to use good quality sticking tape): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqFZ2d-rRf4 

My GoPro Hero 7 battery pull tab to remove the battery from the GoPro came off. I could not get the original back in. So I came up with what is in this vide...
Adventurer

[ New ]

Gopro is like no other. I shoot 4K each and every day I rarely break these tabs. but you never know.    glad they are working with you on it 5 days later you should be  happy. then  complaining,