Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

New Fusion Owner -slow VR playback - other issues

[ New ]

Camera is solid and well made. On device control and iOS pairing / controls are good.

Problems:

1. Camera will not connect to iMac. SOLUTION: use the Image Capture app and copy the front and back files to the same folder, then use those. I have a card reader on order.

2. On my VR PC - this will connect to my camera, but will not complete the stiching process. It gets to 100% and hangs forever. I have tried direct from camera as well as files from the computer - hangs either way. Solution - none. Except just use the iMac to stitch.

3. Once the 360video is rendered and stitched, I can view it in GoPro VR Player - howver, I have problems viewing it in other 360 video apps such as Vive Video. It opens, but plays the file in super slow-mo. Other 360 videos I have downloaded work perfectly. When rendereing I have tried "For Editing" and "For YouTube" - both have this same problem.

I have work arounds for #1 and #2 - I would LOVE some advice on #3

thanks!

Tourist

Re: New Fusion Owner -slow VR playback - other issues

[ New ]

OK - some more testing on VR (HTC Vive):

- CineForm 422 High results in a video that can be played with the GoPro VR viewer, but not other VR 360 apps (runs vey slowly)

- Exporting to both H.264 and ProRes 422 result in a working video on both GoPro VR viewer and other VR 360 apps - sweet!

- When using H.264 and ProRes 422, selecting Stereo produces sound, 360 Audio produces a silent movie

PC GoPro Fusion Studio software still hanging at "100% Stitching". Here's my workflow:

- Copy files to iMac

- Render and sticth on iMac

- Copy to Windows 10 VR machine over network

- View in VR

Hope this info is helpful to someone...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @vinnies3831. Appreciate the details and the tips that you provided. We'd like to know which OS your computer is running on, and which version of Fusion Studio you have installed. On the other hand, there is good information here on how to view your exported spherical video. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Mac: Latest version - Mojave 10.14

Fusion Studio: 1.3

Windows 10: ran all updates yesterday (1/12/19)

Fusion Studio: 1.3

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response, @vinnies3831. Great to know that you have the latest version of Fusion Studio installed. Make sure that your Mac is fully updated to the latest OS so it Fusion Studio recognizes the Fusion camera. You can read more about it here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Fusion-Studio-MacOS-Mojave-compatibility/m-p/2...

Tourist

[ New ]

Mac: Updated to 10.14.2 - works! I have it set to auto-update, not sure why I had to force this one.

PC: I am re-applying updates now. Will follow up.

Thanks for the help!

GoPro

[ New ]

Very good! Feel free to post back to share results of your testing. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Forced a Windows update on the PC - all good.

Thanks for all the help.