Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

Nice trick fishy!  I just tested this on my Hero 5 Session and it worked pretty much as you described, except the camera shut off after 10 minutes instead of 12.  This will come in handy for me when off the bike with my helmet still on and my phone either still on my bike or in my pocket...in other words, disconnected temporarily from the Capture app.  

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

GoPro got a great t eam that can not simply put down in the manual what the camera can do. when the Hero 6 Sessioncomes out we'll have Wake up voicecommand, or  if it can simply be added to  the hero 5 session..  I bet  hero 6 before hero 5 session gets it.  Just to make us  buy the new one than add to the old one Lol

happy it helped I know not a thing Lol

Highlighted
Sightseer

I thought I was going crazy until I saw this thread! Yeah, happening to me too: no audio on quick capture. Otherwise, everything is working fine. Boy, what are we complaining about? It’s not like wensoent $500 on these cameras, right? 🙄
Highlighted
Sightseer

Highlighted
Adventurer

IMHO 

Only a few are complaining. they complain about hte sound, the promic the cam.  its not perfect nor are we.   happy we cancapture the moments..

Highlighted
Tourist

Only a few are complaining because only a few are using this feature. This is ineptitude at its finest. This "great team" you speak of for GoPro is embarassing.

Highlighted
Adventurer

not each time we use the camera is with the promic or is it?   Yeah this is a Monitory forum they will read. but have they ever come back with resolutions?

Highlighted
Tourist

The solutions other people have found helpful have not worked for me.

If I use the mic adapter with an external mic, the audio does not get recorded (regardless of how the camera is started). If I unplug the external microphone, audio then gets recorded. If I plug it back it in, the audio goes away yet again. 

It's extremely frustrating this is not intuitive after spending as much money to try to have it work.