Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

@brewcityrider FYI -- backpacker is a rank here, not a user!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

Woops!  Thanks man.

Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro CSA team  says in the future, all they care to say,  

To the few that have it, did they ever report it, no.

To the many that own it, do they care about it, No.

Feed back of more then 1 tells gopro to address it, hardly anyone gave feedback or know how.

GoPro has a website and can add into the camera's pkg a note, lost sales. why they keep hush hush,  this is just a place to yap the crap but  yet gets things done  by the posts read  it says all..

I spoke my mind today 

PEACE  not upser or pissed just spoke my mind

Highlighted
Explorer

I hear you Fish, but frankly, I don't think many people comment/complain because I suspect there just aren't many people using an external mic with the H5 Session, or the H5 Black for that matter. I'm sure there are quite a few, but not when compared to how many are used without.

Since GoPro sells the proprietary adaptor, they must have a pretty good idea as to how many and what resources are warranted.
Highlighted
Adventurer

this can go back to day one of gopro and the 3.5mm adapter  if kept htat way or implimented to the USB type C,   now a  money maker option  enough said on hardware, get the software fixed.

Highlighted
Tourist

This is absurd. I now have to remove the camera from the helmet mount to access the little WiFi button on the back before every recording with the $50 mic adapter? After completing a video, the camera automatically turns off after a few seconds to save battery. Two minutes later, when I want to record with Audio again, I need to remove the camera from the mount again (removing my gloves first) to hit the button that is coverered by the low profile gopro Mount?
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm not sure that would even work because even after pressing the little power/menu button on the back, the camera will only stay on a few seconds before shutting off - at least many of us have that issue, which is another thing we are waiting on a fix for.  So, what I do when on my bike is connect the GoPro to the GoPro Capture app on my phone.  What this does is keep the camera powered on and allows you to control the camera using voice commands.  You never have to touch anything to record and the voice commands work 100% of the time!  

Battery power is limited to about 45 minutes this way, which is fine for a normal motovlog.  But, for those day rides where you want to be able to record throughout the day, the mic adapter also has a power port.  I simply plug into a power pack in my pocket and run the cord down the inside of my jacket.

Highlighted
Adventurer

we have to trick the camera.   the camera can be on stand by for up to 12 minutes.  If I remember right.  record with voice command on   press back mode then record, then say stop recording.  so you will need to set up your camera b4 hand, in order to keep it going?

I hear ya about being absord  but its hte way th camera works. not all wants to use a giant external mic/power board.  so they deal with the internal sound.  gopro could design a better camera to  autl turn on external mic.  gopr did htehero 4 bluetooth so wrong on the  hero 4 today on the hero 5 they got it right, and now on the hero 6 they got the camera turn on  working.  so hoping it is a simple firmware  pass along ifso then no onewill have to worry bout how to  start recording on the hero 7 session,

as soon we'll see  gopro start recording ... turn on camera from an off  state