Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

Agree the Session is harder, the Hero 5 black and Hero 6 black is not.  Sound is quite good if asked but not all the time I want to use the camera alone. so yes  we need a fix not a hero 6 session.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

Sound works when back dating the firmware to V1.5
This proves it is a sofware issue! GoPro are useless.
Highlighted
Hiker

Sick Of these stupid work arounds.

After firmware V1.5, the external mics stopped working properly on the shutter button, thus proving it is a firmware fault that GoPro themselves stuffed up, and that they havent corrected since. 2 YEARS later the issue still hasnt been resolved.

Basically, it comes down to GroPro SUCKING!!

I will never buy a gorpo ever again, and i hope they go bust so they stop ripping people of with products that dont even work as intended!

Highlighted
Sightseer

MYSTERY SOLVED.. THANK YOU!!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

gopro5black here.

The second by the way after a replacement for another big "wi-fi not ready" fault you can happen to have with it and about you can find here in the forum.

So, thought it was the quickcapture thing preventing me to record audio, and my tries at home proved it right.

Then got to a rally race, (you know, you have to connect to the car audio intercom to capture what copilot is saying, I'm I so niche customer?).

switched the camera on, always controlled the camera with the phone app.

And...

No audio all the day. I lost the entire race.

And no, it's not the powered/line/non powered problem as some test did work with normal mic so I never changed that.

RELIABILITY dear company. THIS IS A PRIORITY for someone who want's to SAVE MOMENTS he is not going to repeat just becouse your camera MIGHT work or not who knows!

So, thank you gopro. I'm selling you (and I will loose 3/4 of my money) and never will I have something to do with your company in the future.

I'm sorry I'm no help I know, but I'm going and never will I be here again.

bye.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Update to this from Myself.

After using the above methods I have filmed work on my Vehicle (none repeatable) I have 15 clips and only 1 has audio this is using the button to turn on first then the record button as well as with the app the product and software in the Camera is W**k 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @redbeach50138

Do you remember if the recordings were done via QuikCapture? See information below:

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT QUICK CAPTURE and HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black/ HERO5 Black/ HERO5 Session when using a Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor:

Non-Powered Microphones will not work when starting a video using Quick Capture (with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor). There are two workarounds:
1. Use a powered microphone if the customer needs to use Quick Capture.
2. If the customer is unable to use a powered microphone, simply power the camera on first and then start a recording. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

One short question.
Does using the usb-C adaptor to charge while recording generate other funny no-audio bug regarding this audio adaptor?
I THINK YES