Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

@amitaie1100   @papajody And  Ted  answered what I said   

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Need Help - GoPro Hero 5 Session External mic adapter randomly recording audio

Perfect answer!

It work as you said.

But is it a known issue to GoPro Guys? is it a feature? meaning thats how its supposed to work?
When i talked with the support guys they didn't even mention this solution.

They offered me to send them the camera and they will send me a new one? butmif thats if this issue is with all GoPro Hero 5 Session cameras they there is no need to send it back to them and get a new one because it will happen again, no?

Highlighted
Adventurer

well   you are the one that  is with a trouble camera and the others none or they say they got none, we cxan live iwth them can you/??

Highlighted
Explorer

The first level support isn't very strong right now with GoPro unfortunately. They just moved it to the Philippines and I don't think they are as informed.

I do think the engineers are aware and hopefully we'll get another update. If the Hero6 gets released this year we'll probably see an update to the 5 around the same time as there usually is an update for the previous model released just prior or right after they release a new model.
Highlighted
Explorer

Please mark the answer that worked for you as solved so others with the same question/issue will see it if they search for the same thing.
Highlighted
Adventurer

the camera is  matured and will see a few more to finalize it. Expanding hte office issweet, or sold to third party cause they bit to much off then they can chew. is not good. but at least the yare aware and working on it right?  FUTURE  is al lthey care to offer on firmware   

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

@amitaie1100

I'd expect a firmware update in the future may address this mic/adapter issue, as it is a well known issue here. 

However, it also makes sense, since you are using an electronic mic adapter...  it needs to be powered up and recognized by the cam before you can start recording with sound!

Highlighted
Hiker

Backpacker I think you nailed it! I don't get any audio when my external mic is plugged in and I press the shutter button. Audio works great when I'm connected to the Capture app on my phone and using voice commands though.

At first I thought it was related to the app connection itself, but it makes sense that it is really related to whether or not the Session is powered up prior to recording. Hope this is addressed in a future firmware update. Having to press the mode button first is not really an option when riding on a motorcycle - that button is too freakin' tiny.