Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Narrow Setting

Hello,

I have the Hero Session and use it to record our wrestling teams dual meets/matches.  When recording the best view is the Narrow option.  However, the narrow option takes both pictures and video as it records.  Would it be possible to just have the camera take a video in the narrow option format?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Narrow Setting

Hello @bucswrestling. Which camera model are you using? Is it the HERO 2018? The Narrow field of view is not available for all video resolutions and not in all camera models. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

Correction this is for the Hero camera I have (not Hero Sessions).
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

[ Edited ]

What setting is it on when you get both photos and video?

Highlighted
Sightseer

When I go to the video setting there is only one setting - Superview.  I have no other options.  The superview is too wide and we do not get a quality view.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bucswrestling. Which camera model are you using? Is it the HERO 2018? The Narrow field of view is not available for all video resolutions and not in all camera models. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes, it is 2018 and I checked the video mode and it does not have the narrow view.  I believe I have found a way to record without having it switch to Video Mode and Superview.  Thank you for the help!