Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

** NOT IN SPEC ** CAMERA NOT READY error message

I bought a brand-new Fusion with one SD card online at gopro.com. When delivered I bought a second, same as the first one: SanDisk Extreme 32GB. However, the camera doesn't recognize the cards and when I enter the Settings menu, I get the error message ** NOT IN SPEC ** CAMERA NOT READY and can't select the menu. In the video menu I see the SD card sign, however without the remaining recording time. If I want to record the camera starts with the two spinning wheels, but doesn't start recording, but just stops and goes back to the menu.

There is no information about the problem available. I tried to format the cards in FAT mode, didn't help. If I format in Mac OSX mode the camera recognizes the cards and says they are not correct formatted and proposes to format them. Unfortunately, that doesn't resolve the problem, as the formatting never ends, the camera just powers off.

Extremely frustrating, hopefully anybody can help me.

Jonas

Hiker

Re: ** NOT IN SPEC ** CAMERA NOT READY error message

All I can suggest is to make sure you have updated to the latest firmware. Good luck.

Tourist

My problem is, that I can't update the firmware as the camera doesn't recognize the card with the latest firmware files. Neither I can connect to the laptop an do a factory reset Smiley Frustrated

Sightseer

Hello,

I had the same thing happen today, and cannot fix the problem. I went to add my Fusion to my online account, and GoPro doesn't recognize my device's serial number!  Please, someone help. 

Sightseer

Sightseer

So far, this method has not worked for me.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Same here. I couldn't connect my Fusion to my iPhone nor to my laptop. After several exchanges with GoPro support I had to send it back for a replacement.

Hiker

As of now there doesn't seem to be any solution to this error. I had a chat with one of the GoPro representatives and they suggested that this error occurs when one of the lenses are not callibrated correctly. The only solution is to get it replaced.