Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

NEW HERO 9 CAMERA KEEPS FREEZING!

[ New ]

Hello,

We purchased a new camera a few days ago and the camera has been awful. It keeps freezing and we bought it so my sister could document her new journey to the states and this is just becoming a nightmare. 

Please can you assist and let us know what to do as she is not flying to the states and has a camera which doesnt work, freezes all the time and doesnt even switch off when you hold down the power button. She is currently sitting on a plane trying to record and its frozen. So disappointing. 

This camera is clearly faulty, so either fix or replace. We have paid good money for this and relied on the brand to perform, but so far it has been a nightmare. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: NEW HERO 9 CAMERA KEEPS FREEZING!

[ New ]

Freezing is a sign of SD card corruption.

Here's a video that explains the issue and how to fix it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=633S-6lagDI

Please note that people using SanDisk cards experience this issue quite a lot and I see GoPro are now telling customers to complain to Sandisk.  I would honestly recommend that you switch SD cards to SamSung Evo brands.  This is the brand that I use and have recommended other customers switch to.  When they do, the issue seems to go away.

Please note though, that you still need to follow the instructions in the video as even if you switch SD card brands, any corruption on the SD card will only get worse unless fixed the proper way.

Are you fed up with your GoPro locking up, freezing and refusing to record video? Your issue may not be with the camera, but simply with a corrupt SD card. ...