Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: My waterproof GoPro 6 has water damage

[ New ]
Any resolve from GoPro?
GoPro

[ New ]

HI @snowycliff0772

Please do a follow up with your case by reaching out to our Support Team.

We do not have access to the status of your case here in the Community Support Hub.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
On my 3rd GoPro 6. I use mine for surfing so never deep water scenarios. All get water damage and I just take it back to bestbuy and warranty covers a new one lol.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Same thing happened to mine. They replaced it but I will never use it again in the water without the case.
Hiker

[ New ]

Any deformation, damage or debris on the seals of the latches can cause leakage. I decided to treat my GP6 as water "resistant" verus waterproof and started using a supersuit after reading all the water issues on this forum. Additionally, the landard base is "screwed" to the helmet so I'm not trusting the adhesive attachments alone to secure the camera. About $55 worth of insurance...  

However to be fair, I used the GP6 without the supersuit numberous times windsurfing and experienced no water leakage issues. 

20180728_145442.jpg

Hiker

Hero 6 "waterproof" advertsing is fake.

[ New ]

Guess I should have bought mine from BestBuy. I purchased directly from GoPro website and have been waiting for over 3 months for a resolve on my waterlogged Hero 6. GoPro is having a problem with the "waterproof" advertsing as it is fake.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I double and triple checked my gopro before entering in water and withing 1 ft of water just to see what the underwater view looks like now my gopro doesnt turn on and has 2 red lights illuminate when the battery is in. not an operator error more of a **bleep**ty manufacturing and false advertising
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to that know that @loyaltree64627,

Please contact our customer support team for assistance. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

They are available via phone or chat.

Regards,

-Jay