Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

My session 5 won't turn off and its getting hotter and hotter and now its even burning to touch HELP

My Hero session5 wont turn off no matter what i do and its now getting to hot to touch Help!!!!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My session 5 won't turn off and its getting hotter and hotter and now its even burning to tou...

Hi @hardydawn8501,

I would recommend taking out that SD Card and let the battery run down, and contact support directly. They will be able to help you out. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: My session 5 won't turn off and its getting hotter and hotter and now its even burning to tou...

I imagine you have resolved this, but if it happens again then try holding the bottom menu button for as long as it takes to switch off. It should go off after around 10secs.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: My session 5 won't turn off and its getting hotter and hotter and now its even burning to touch

Mine did this after I hooked it up to Quick for desktop on my desktop computer via USB.

I turned off the computer with the camera still connected via USB. Then unplugged the camera and it wouldnt turn off no matter what I did.

Rebooted the computer, plugged the camera back in. opened Quick for desktop. The app recognized the camera, at that point I unplugged the camera and the camera powered down within about 10sec.