Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My new Hero 8 gets heated up

Hi,

My new Hero 8 gets heated up in the lower part after 30 seconds of recording and playback.

Also 2.7 or 4k does not take 120 fps on linear setting. It automatically shifts to 60 fps. 1080 takes on 120 fps.

Request for an urgent solution please as I am going for my college reunion of 50 years tomorrow and there is lots of recording to be done.

warm regards

Hiker

Re: My new Hero 8 gets heated up

@lithebeach15871 wrote:

Hi,

My new Hero 8 gets heated up in the lower part after 30 seconds of recording and playback.

Also 2.7 or 4k does not take 120 fps on linear setting. It automatically shifts to 60 fps. 1080 takes on 120 fps.

Request for an urgent solution please as I am going for my college reunion of 50 years tomorrow and there is lots of recording to be done.

warm regards

How hot is heated up - all electronics will heat up when in use but there's a difference between warm and too hot to hold - especially in 30 seconds.

4k is 60fps max, not 120fps.   2.7k doesn't do 120fps on linear view, you have to use wide.  1080 will do 120fps in linear or 240fps in wide view.