Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

My new Hero 6 giving me nothing but grief

I'm on my 3rd one now. Previous 2 swapped under warranty. Harvey Norman (the shop I purchased from) are ringing GoPro today as it looks like my 3rd one is going back.

I'm running a Sandisk Extreme Pro v30 128gb sd card.

My probs have been;

Charging. The LED comes on for 20 secs then goes off. I unplug & replug between 10 & 20 times to get it to charge.

While running in video mode in my backyard shooting at 2.7k 120fps, they camera stops at various intervals with a bandaid symbol on screen.

Sometimes it stops without the bandaid symbol.

The remote keeps losing connection even though I'm sitting 6 meters away in direct line of sight. This usually occures once I start recording. Unfortunately I can't stop recording until it has regained its connection. This could take 30 seconds to 15 minutes.

I bought a new charger as I thought I could run an extension lead out to the camera and USB connect it. With no battery in the camera it failed twice (bandaid symbol), I then refitted the battery, leaving USB cable attached and it failed twice more. I have yet to get more than 20% used space of my 128gb card.

Is anyone else out there having any of these issues??

Hiker

Re: My new Hero 6 giving me nothing but grief

Have you tried a different micro sd card? A 64GB maybe? The card you're using seems to be the common thread. Micro sd cards can be flaky. Same goes for the battery. Are you using a GoPro battery? Whenever I have problems I eliminate potential issues one at a time. In this case it could only be two things, battery and card. Three bad cameras is unlikely.

Hiker

I don't think it's the sd card as I trialed running it in lounge room the other night connected to the charger and it ran until the card was full. 4 hours 35 mins. The camera fails whenever I set it up outside. I have also trailed it with 2 wasabi 2500mah batteries with no luck. I've sent both back to the distributer here.

It maybe a heat issue. I've fashioned a sort of umbrella for it so it's not in direct sunlight. The temp here has varied between 26 and 32.

I got the camera to film birds at my bird feeding station, from which I extract photos. I've also have a GoPro hero black 3+ with wasabi long life battery. This has now shot 9,000 videos, most upto 4 hours (without fault)

I got the Hero 6 for the faster frame rates.

Below is a photo of my set-up

set-up.jpg
Hiker

Heat will screw the camera up. Keep it as cool as posible. Running at high resolution and frame rates will cause the camera to heat up as well.

Hiker

Could you send some of that heat to New York please. It's -12 c here. Burrrrr!!!!

Hiker

nypigskin, no way to keep it cool. It needs to work in my backyard. After all it's an action camera. Surely GoPro aren't saying it's an action camera but you can only use it outside if the temp is below ?25?? The guy at the camera house has the hero 5 and says it's worked in 45 degrees.
Hiker

I agree it should. Did you try running it at 1080 with 30FPS?

Hiker

No advantage. My GoPro Hero 3 will do that. I only got it for the fast frame rate.