Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: My new Hero 6 giving me nothing but grief

[ Edited ]

Looks like you have found the upper temp range. 

Even with a breeze, there is obviously not enough surface area to dissipate the heat in this mode for a long time. 

Gopro does state then the camera can overheat in certain modes. (My DSLR can only record for about 15 mins) 

I would look into making some sort of cool box and fan set up, but no guarantee that it will work if one can't dissipate the heat form inside the Gopro. Worth a try though.

Tourist

I'm in Yangon, Myanmar and my GoPro doesn't work outside because of the heat. It is the most horrible thing ever! Whenever I go inside where there's air conditioning it works again. This is just the worst for an ''action camera''. Complete waste of money!!
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

How hot is it where you are? 

Just to be sure, you have the latest firmware and a good sd card? 

What mode are you running? Remember high fps, 4k, protune etc do make more heat. This is not just a gopro problem if one reads other forums, (garmin) but 99% of the time its a bad sd card. 

I ran my Hero 5 this summer in Portugal,37 degrees C. Got a lock up once running 2.7k 60fps protune, gps, and wifi.