Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My new Gopro Hero 6 have some issue

Hi, i took a Hero 6 few day ago, but doesn't work well. I have updated manually at FW 1.60 some times but the problems persist.

The Micro SD is Sandisk Extreme Pro 64Gb.

List Problems:

1- Red LED does not turn off after 100% of charging, after an abundant hour the battery is charged but does not turn off. I tried leaving it for 3 hours, but nothing.

2-The gopro some times while register a video, take a photo or with vocal command.. freezes and forces me to take out the battery, resulting in corrupted file. Precise that the SD I formattated it first on PC and then in Gopro. I read about autorotation can resolve the freeze but i don't tryid it yet.

3- Rarely a video presents this hiss, that disappears after 30-40 sec. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMkHfJ1RJ9w

4-The LCD Blink each time turn on.

5- If I try to see videos in the gopro it freezes always .. anyway it's not really a problem for me

Thanks for attention ! A Greeting

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: My new Gopro Hero 6 have some issue

Hi @chrispowa,

Does the Manual Update go though successfully? I would try one more time following these steps:

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system

If after that you are still running into some issues get in touch with our Support Team and they can help troubleshoot! 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @chrispowa,

Does the Manual Update go though successfully? I would try one more time following these steps:

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system

If after that you are still running into some issues get in touch with our Support Team and they can help troubleshoot! 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Cheers,

Ryan

Tourist

I find it ridiculous that an update on the GoPro App seems to work rarely and that you always get the recommendation to make a manual update.

First of all, it is strange that every time you publish an update, it always points out. Would not it be an idea to finally optimize the update process?

Even an iPhone can be easily updated for years without cables and only over Wi-Fi.

Maybe the programmers who were fired at Volkswagen have now been hired by GoPro :-)
And the poor employees in the service get to feel all the frustration of the customers ...

I'm glad I still kept my Hero 3+. It works reliably and you do not have to worry about the software freezing every time you take it.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yes, the upgrade was successful, all the updates I made were done with the procedure that you described.
Anyway this morning I replaced Gopro with a new one in the store, and most of the problems have not come up!

- I can see the videos in Gopro
- The screen does not blink anymore
- Never freeze, only once with too many voice commands but restarted with power button.
- The ambiguous hiss didn't appear

The only problem that persists is the Red Led even after the full recharging of the battery. The stranger thing is the faulty Gopro, after 1h10min was fully charged.
While the new Gopro takes 2 hours.

In short, it seems to work much better now!

Cheers