Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: My new GoPro Hero 7 Black heats and starts recording by it self consuming all the battery life

Hi Ej,

The country is auto detected I guess... Let me try later tomorrow.

Just to update.. Quik has finally detected my camera and the firmware that it is on 1.51

But there is no option to manually update the firmware using Quik, not sure if it works with the GP7b
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My new GoPro Hero 7 Black heats and starts recording by it self consuming all the battery life

Please keep us posted @sunnyboost23110,

We'll check on it. 

By the way you may change your country to US.

On our website there is a change region or country option. 

It's located on the upper right hand corner of the screen. 

Once you're now on US then try to initiate a chat request. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Adventurer

@sunnyboost23110 wrote:
Hi Ej,

The country is auto detected I guess... Let me try later tomorrow.

Just to update.. Quik has finally detected my camera and the firmware that it is on 1.51

But there is no option to manually update the firmware using Quik, not sure if it works with the GP7b

A Manual updat wil lnot be on Quick you must go here

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Can I update manual when my gopro is already updated to 1.51 to check if it will correct some issues ? like overwrite firmware :?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @enc3ladus

Yes, it is called a manual software update.

Please refer to this link: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Instructions are listed after the email address and serial number page.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here, just received my replacement camera... firmwire updated manually to 1.51... start to charge the battery, when almost 100% the camera start to record by himself... :(
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @davidt3286

This is odd. By any chance, is the Wake On voice, the voice commands, or the Wi-Fi on the camera on? Was the camera firmware updated manually? Doe the camera record on its own while in idle state, or even when turned off? Hope to hear back from you. A short clip of the issue will be very helpful. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I returned the camerea to Amazon.in, I am currently testing the replacement. And the replacement does not heat up too much and the battery life is better than the previous one without doing any changes to the settings.

I have updated the replacement camera manually. Lets hope that it stays good...