Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

My new GoPro Hero 7 Black heats and starts recording by it self consuming all the battery life

[ New ]

My new GoPro Hero 7 Black heats and starts recording by it self consuming all the battery life, I turn off all wireless and voice commands, what should I do?

Adventurer

Re: My new GoPro Hero 7 Black heats and starts recording by it self consuming all the battery life

[ New ]

I am so sorry to hear this.  Could you tell us that you have fw 1.51 installed and the  sdxc card using.

I   remove thesd card and fully format  then charge the camera without the card.  and when  you are ready  manually flash firmware and    the camera should ask you to format in the camera for the first time ifnot go to preference and reset and format.

and   then in reset factory  reset and retry your camera.  I hope its not an Ultra car or slowerspeed card.

Tourist

Re: My new GoPro Hero 7 Black heats and starts recording by it self consuming all the battery life

[ New ]

I am facing the same heating issue, I have tried using one of recommended cards too (Samsung EVO Plus)

GPS: OFF

Voice Commands: OFF

Connectivity: OFF

Screen Brightness: 10%

My battery lasts just an 1 hour. The camera has to be water cooled to handle after a short video at (1440/60). 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnyboost23110,

Please try to install the new update manually. 

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Please follow the manual update procedure. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
No good...
Manual installation doesn't help.

The other strange thing I noticed is that the Quik doesn't provide the firmware details when connected to the GoPro using USB
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for giving it a try @sunnyboost23110

Please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern.

They are available by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
"Chat is currently unavailable for you."
Not sure what does this mean....
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnyboost23110

Were you able to select the correct country?

Also, please not of their operating hours listed on the same link.

Thanks!
Ej