Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: My hero 8 is not sending a HDMI to my 4K TV

@spryspirit507 what cable where you using?
Tourist

This media mod for the GoPro Hero 8black better have clear instructions on how to connect an HDMI cable from a third party to the GoPro and then to the TV and then display my footage in 4k
Hiker

Trie with the charging cable and plug usb into the tv
Nomad

Plug one end of HDMI cable into Media Mod

Plug other end of HDMI cable into TV

If you need more instructions than that you probably shouldn't be operating any electrical device.

Tourist

Because I been waiting for two months for the media mod, I was trying to connect the camera directly to TV with a USB C to HDMI cable as wrongly directed by a GoPro support self appointed genius like you. I am 100 times more qualified to operate an electronic device than you, don’t e such An A hole.
Nomad

Never start a sentance with "Because", "And" or "Anyway". 

Score for correct use of grammer F-

So you're saying you spoke to someone who DIDNT work for GoPro and believed them?  

" I was trying to connect the camera directly to TV with a USB C to HDMI cable as wrongly directed by a GoPro support self appointed genius like you."

Or do you not know the difference between a GoPro employee and some random stranger off the internet?  (I'll give you a clue, GoPro Employee's are paid by GoPro, represent the company and are forced to be polite to people...   I on the other hand...).

Score for deductive reasoning F-

Online reviews of the GoPro Hero 8 also mention a lack of HDMI support and the need to purchase the media module to get GoPro footage to your TV using HDMI

Score for research F-

You've been told many times in this thread that you need the media module and that USB-C to HDMI is not supported by the camera, yet you ignore this and keep referring to your conversation with a "GoPro support self appointed genius like you."

Score for ignoring reality and flogging a dead horse A+

Now, rumor has it that the media module actually starts to ship on the 27th of January.  That's less than a week away!!  So hopefully you pre-ordered a media module upon release and aren't on a waiting list for stock to arrive.  Hopefully then you can get your GoPro footage from your camera to a TV.

Tourist

Just got notified that my media mod was finally shipped today, looking forward to see if it allows me to get video to the TV.
Explorer

When you get it, reference this article first https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Media-Mod-HERO8-Black/ta-p/498557