Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: My hero 8 is not sending a HDMI to my 4K TV

People have experienced issues in the past with monitors or TV's that only support 1080i, whereas the media mod outputs 1080P.  Is it possible this could be the issue?  

You may also want to check the HDMI cable and make sure it's a HDMI 1.4, it's possible that if you are using HDMI 1.3 cables, these are not going to support the 4K output of the media mod.

Highlighted
Hiker

First of all, thanks for your quick reply!

I'm using the Lilliput A7s and the TARION X5, both are 4k compatible and are also made for progressive scan. That should not be an issue.

I've tried it with a 10,2 Gbit/s HDMI 2.0 cable and also with an older one which works fine with my Sony A7iii.

So I guess that should also be fine. I will try another cable, because I have plenty, but I don't think it will help.

Cheers

Highlighted
Nomad

Well eliminate the possible first.  Try hooking up the media mod to your TV to see if at least you can get a signal output.  That may narrow it down to a faulty media mod or a monitor compatibility issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Here is a video what happens if I connect it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZmdAJ1N1SyoQ4H8-HKKSkewlGfSctCHS/view?usp=sharing

The monitor keeps saying "no signal" permanently.

By the way: if I go to the "Preferences > Input/Output" section of the menu, there is only audio/microphone but nothing about HDMI.

Im going to connect it to a regular pc monitor, since I don't have a TV around. But that monitor is also state of the art (not even one year old).

Edit: the regular pc monitor doesn't work as well. Exactly the same. I guess I have to return that media mod and hope that a replacement is going to fix the issue.

Highlighted
Nomad

Yeah, I mean two monitors and a PC monitor not working, looks like it could be a faulty mod.  The display turning on and off like that on your camera reminds me of hooking up an old monitor to a graphics card and experiencing a timing issue.  **bleep** thing would just flash on and off at random.  

I'm guessing there will be a delay on replacement media mods with shipments being curtailed, production down and an embargo on 40ft containers though.  Looks like an awesome setup though!  Sorry you couldn't get it working.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your help. The most weird thing is, that for a very short while it was working... 

At least I know now that I have tried pretty much everything and that I need to request a replacement. Actually I did order it already and currently the replacement should arrive end of this month. Thats not to long. Especially since I should stay at home (or in my studio) for social distancing anyway. ;)

Highlighted
Nomad

I thought they said to practice being "emotionally distant".   **bleep**, I've been going around treating everyone like crap.....

Highlighted
Hiker

Haha, probably that helps to provide a certain social distance as well ;)