Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My hero 8 is not sending a HDMI to my 4K TV

I’m using a cable from a third party, the cable was recommended by your customer support without mentioning a cable from GoPro. Tried everything mentioned on your article, please don’t refer me back to it. Can I get a cable from GoPro.
Nomad

Re: My hero 8 is not sending a HDMI to my 4K TV

The GoPro Hero 8 doesn't have a HDMI out on it so there's no way for it to display images on any TV without using the media mod (due to be released for preorder later this month). 

I'd love to see a copy of this "article" you refer to as it's obviously very bad information.

Highlighted
Adventurer

As I am with @irishmanpdx  on that.  GoPro taken out hte HDMI tv playback and must go through the Media Module.  If gopro said a 3rd party will work what were they referring you to the Hero 7???  you also must remember  you  and the rep, one missunderstood.    I had to ask my question 5 times to finally get, now I understand clearly.   that you are calling about....

Hiker

I tried using a couple of USB C to HDMI adapters that work with my Galaxy S9/Note 10 + - they didn't work with the Hero 8.
Tourist

Tourist

I clearly said it was a Hero 8, how can I preorder the media module since contrary to what GoPro support no third party makes one.
Adventurer

n/a till they release  keep checking the site

GoPro

@spryspirit507, you can connect your GoPro to an HDTV using the GoPro Media Mod. USB-C to HDMI connection in the camera isn't supported. The release date of the modular accessories for HERO8 Black will be available soon. Please continue to watch out https://gopro.com/ for updates.