Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My hero 7 got leaked by salt water

I used my Go pro Hero 7 black this week on my vacation. It has like 30 percent battery when I'm using it then suddenly It doesn't turn on. I noticed the leaked when It doesn't want to turn on. 51596308_579906415754497_4035410203120762880_n.jpg

51596308_579906415754497_4035410203120762880_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My hero 7 got leaked by salt water

Hi @grandhero60222

I believe our Support Team has provided the best option regarding the situation.

Please continue working with them regarding your case.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

This happened to me too! Mine is currently in rice, but this shouldnt be happening. Is it working now?

Highlighted
Hiker

Try chatting with there online Tech support and tell them the seals are bad... Hopefully they will stand by there waterproof guarantee for you and offer you to send it in under warranty for a new camera...
Highlighted
Nomad

As I mentioned couple posts ago this camera even doesn't look like waterproof. Be careful users.In my opinion too many gaps and do not reliable doors for battery and inputs. I dont trust about this waterproof. Better if you buy some water-case.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Gopro battery door replies on a slider if not colsed properly thart iswhat happ's if you gotthe Plus or care pkg use it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @redjump54111

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 models are waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

The seal is on the doors of the camera anyways, which it cannot be seen really good in that picture!! The pictures look normal to me...
Highlighted
Hiker

At least from that angle you cannot see the seal on the battery door.  Like the GoPro rep said (above) reach out to them, there Tech support is REALLY GREATHeart!!  I owned a GoPro 6 Black with is like the 7 only different is in the software of it, and i couldnt get my camera to record for long peroids of time it would go to recording a black flicking screen after 2-3 hours and I reached out to them and I wasnt on the chat even 15 minutes and they set me up with a Warranty return, its in route to California as we speak!  Things to have ready when you chat with them is pictures of the seals on the battery door and the pictures you have.  And a picture copy of your cameras serial number and a picture of your origional sales reciept.  Trust me there great or at least the tech representative i got she was great!!  It was a quick painless troubleshooting then she set me up with a Warranty return!  I was on the chat a whole 10-15 minutes!