Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My hero 7 black stopped working :(

[ New ]

I saved up all my money for this one supposedly amazing camera. I received it last July, and everything was great!! I had loads of cool videos and everything! All of a sudden, last December it started acting up. I had brought it outside in the snow one day because I knew I could get some cool footage. It was really glitchy, and it would be at (say 75% battery) and would die, or just shut off randomly. But I'm not sure if I got any water in it or anything. I put these troubles on the back of my mind and just kept using it.  But recently, I've barely done anything with it due to the problems I've been having. It doesn't really turn on, and when it does, all it shows is a black screen. I don't know what happened, but if there is any way I can fix it or get a new one, that would be really helpful. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: My hero 7 black stopped working :(

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitstok03781. When your camera shows only a black, rear screen, this could mean that the SD card may have been put between the battery and the SD card slot which leads to pressure on the screen causing it to not work. Simply take the SD card out and put it back in its slot. 

If it is not the case, see if a manual update clears the issue. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. It is important that a recommended SD card is used in the camera. Format the card prior to the update process. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: My hero 7 black stopped working :(

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitstok03781. When your camera shows only a black, rear screen, this could mean that the SD card may have been put between the battery and the SD card slot which leads to pressure on the screen causing it to not work. Simply take the SD card out and put it back in its slot. 

If it is not the case, see if a manual update clears the issue. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. It is important that a recommended SD card is used in the camera. Format the card prior to the update process. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!