Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

My gopro8 turned off in the water, now it cannot be turned on.

I used my newly bought gopro8 for the first time in the water. It suddenly turned off, and can never be turned on back. When we rise from the water, I see there's water leakage, I even put a silicone case. I thought gopros are waterproof up to 10meters deep?? I cannot get in to chat with customer care. How can I send this camera to avail for its warranty? It has just been two weeks from the receipt of the product. I bought this online, in a GoPro Official Store in an online shopping website in the Philippines (LazMall / Lazada). The store is not responding to my messages. Anyone here who can help me pls??? Thank you!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My gopro8 turned off in the water, now it cannot be turned on.

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear about what happened, @maistranglaagan. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO8 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without housing. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual. If you already have submitted a contact request, rest assured, they'll contact you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.