Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My gopro8 keeps dropping the video and says as card error and I loose the footage

My gopro8 keeps dropping the video and says as card error and I loose the footage

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My gopro8 keeps dropping the video and says as card error and I loose the footage

@crashbroder, to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera, it is important to select microSD cards that are known to work well with HERO8 Black. Check this article to see our list of the most up-to-date GoPro recommended microSD cards. 

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: My gopro8 keeps dropping the video and says as card error and I loose the footage

Sounds like there's a problem with the CD card.  Try a different card.

Highlighted
Sightseer

It’s the same card from my GoPro 5 that worked fine...
Highlighted
Hiker

What are your settings?  The hero 8 is more demanding, plus cards go break.

Highlighted
GoPro

@crashbroder, to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera, it is important to select microSD cards that are known to work well with HERO8 Black. Check this article to see our list of the most up-to-date GoPro recommended microSD cards. 

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.)