Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My gopro hero 8 telemetry is not working

I have a hero 8 and the telemetry will not show up on the app or desktop. It says the telemetry is not on which it is. I looked on the telemetry extractor and it showed me there is telemetry. Is there a fix for this/ when will this be fixed.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My gopro hero 8 telemetry is not working

Hi @jimus

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware for telemetry.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jimus

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware for telemetry.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

in go pro hero 8 there are all datas in the video file but you have to extract and use on other video editing. you can also exactrac as gpx file and add to video.  I confirm that QUIK doesn't open data.

Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
Nomad

You can find solutions and alternatives here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...

As others have explained, Quik cannot understand the Hero8 GPS data unless you modify it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Quik fix is not free, I don't want to pay for a software bug. I use the free extractor and use the garmin VIRB editor and it work perfectly. I hope that GOPRO QICK fix this bug quickly.