Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My go pro says it has no media on it ,but If I connect through the app it shows that there is media.

Hello , I wondered if you could help me. I have a GoPro hero 7 white and if I go into the GoPro app and connect to the camera , when I press view media on camera , it shows the photos and videos perfectly fine. However if I don’t connect to the go pro app and just view media on the actual camera it comes up with an alert saying that there is no media. I wondered if you could help or advice me on what to do . Thanks
image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: My go pro says it has no media on it ,but If I connect through the app it shows that there is...

Hello @graytree76514 , I’ve managed to sort my issue to my GoPro , the SD card in there was low on storage, so I’d transferred all the footage to my computer but when I took a photo because it was low on storage it wouldn’t save it . Therefore coming up with the no media error as the media I took could not be stored , thank you for helping me 👍

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My go pro says it has no media on it ,but If I connect through the app it shows that there is...

Hi @superexper434,

Probably you already transffered your file to the app and the original file is no longer on the camera. 

If you could send a screenshot or a video that would really help us.

Thanks!

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve transferred some of the photos and video from the camera onto my phone from downloading them on the app and then adding to my camera roll , however there is still some videos and photos on there which I can only see on the go pro app when I connect to the camera and view media . But if I manually swipe up on the camera to view the media it doesn’t show anything , whereas it shows all of the un downloaded videos and photos on the app when I connect. I’ve linked a photo of what it says when I swipe up on the camera to view media and this is the alert which I’m talking about. Thanks
341166C2-46FF-4C73-A0F3-295A61C6B886.png
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @graytree76514,
I’ve transferred some of the photos and video from the camera onto my phone from downloading them on the app and then adding to my camera roll , however there is still some videos and photos on there which I can only see on the go pro app when I connect to the camera and view media . But if I manually swipe up on the camera to view the media it doesn’t show anything , whereas it shows all of the un downloaded videos and photos on the app when I connect. I’ve linked a photo of what it says when I swipe up on the camera to view media and this is the alert which I’m talking about. Thanks
image.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @superexper434,

Can you please check if you can see those files when your SD card is directly connected to your computer?

I mean use an SD card adapter to connect your SD card directly to your computer. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

@graytree76514

Ok will do , I’ll try that and then if it still doesn’t work I will message back another time. Thank you for helping me though, much appreciated
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @graytree76514 , I’ve managed to sort my issue to my GoPro , the SD card in there was low on storage, so I’d transferred all the footage to my computer but when I took a photo because it was low on storage it wouldn’t save it . Therefore coming up with the no media error as the media I took could not be stored , thank you for helping me 👍