03-05-2019 04:43 AM
My go pro crashed and now when charging, there is a solid blue light. The camera won't turn on. I have tried removing the battery and SD card and attempted to charge again. The solid red light has been replaced by a blue/purple light. It just won't switch on.
Any suggestions? I've tried many suggestions on line.
03-05-2019 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about the power problem on your HERO5 Black camera.
Please try the following troubleshooting steps to help resolve issue:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If the red LED does not illuminate, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable and/or charging adapter.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
If you're still unable to power your camera after going through the suggested steps above, let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat. Please ensure to have your camera and proof of purchase ready for any information that they may need.
Hopefully this helps!
03-11-2019 04:49 AM - last edited on 03-11-2019 06:17 AM by mariustanya
Thank you for your advice, I have tried everything you have suggested and still it is not responding. I'm very disappointed in this device as it has failed for the second time whilst on holiday. I noticed that it's started malfunctioning when I went into Water. I have only done this twice. first time was over a year ago on vacation. But it recovered. I just returned from a vacation in Thailand snorkelling last night Sunday 11/3/19 and it froze again and completely ruined my vacation as the footage. I have always been cautious when submerging in shallow water and only done this twice and both times it has failed. I have taken extra precautions before submerging in water every port has been closed. When charging, there is a blue/purple charging light, not Red which I've never seen before.
I really don't expect such a robust device to be malfunctioning so soon after purchasing, the first time was less than a year old, but it then fixed itself after removing the battery and SD Card and restarting, so I didn't believe there was an issue, quite probably there was, but when using on dry land it was fine.
I spent £350 on this device and really feel let down but my GoPro device.
Can you please Advise what you can do?
03-11-2019 06:19 AM
Hello @nicecreek67355 , We appreciate you going through the suggested troubleshooting. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team at this time for further assistance. Thanks!
03-11-2019 09:22 AM
This is the Support Hub which is a member to member support community. Our Support team is a different group. They are the best person to speak with regarding your concern. You may reach them by phone or chat.
03-11-2019 09:50 AM
I have just tried x3 times, each time I've been told there is a problem and please try again later. I got this mesage last week? What sort of company are you running? I just need to speak to support, as you guys seem unable to progress and resolve my request?
Can someone contact them and pass my details on by logging a call. I can't believe I'm still no closer to resolving this issue!!