Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My external microphone is not working with the media mod on my gopro hero 9. what's up with that?

[ New ]

Tourist

Re: My external microphone is not working with the media mod on my gopro hero 9. what's up with tha

[ New ]

Ignore. Misread orig question.

GoPro

Re: My external microphone is not working with the media mod on my gopro hero 9. what's up with t...

[ New ]

Hello, @blueexpert5774. By not working, does it mean that the Media Mod does not recognize the external microphone? Are you not getting audio for your videos? Does the external microphone work with other devices? Is your camera updated to the latest firmware and does it work correctly with the Media Mod alone? These details will help isolate the issue. We hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

Re: My external microphone is not working with the media mod on my gopro hero 9. what's up with t...

[ New ]
I was able to chat with Christian John, and after troubleshooting just a few minutes discovered the adapter on my microphone was the problem. Recorded audio on two different mics with no problem after that. Thanks to knowledgeable tech support, I’m loving this media mod!