Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My camera only has 1080 and 1440 resolution and I am 100% sure that my camera is a hero 5 black.

[ New ]
I bought this camera off a friend who barely ever used it and had a crappy 16 GB sd card in it. I recently upgraded to a high speed 4K 128 GB SD that is made for action cameras. Previously with the 16 GB SD card I could only film in 1080 and 1440 and I didn’t have access to any of the advanced settings. I thought the bigger SD card would solve this problem but all it did was give me 8 hours of film time. I also tried to update the camera but there were not any available. If you know anything about this please help.
Thanks.
image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: My camera only has 1080 and 1440 resolution and I am 100% sure that my camera is a hero 5 black.

[ New ]

Hello, @rowan76. The resolution settings available in the camera is not dependent on the card used. The features and functions are based on the firmware installed in the camera. 

The details in this support article will help you identify the camera model that you have, and will direct you as to which resolution settings should be available on it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: My camera only has 1080 and 1440 resolution and I am 100% sure that my camera is a hero 5 black.

[ New ]

Hello, @rowan76. The resolution settings available in the camera is not dependent on the card used. The features and functions are based on the firmware installed in the camera. 

The details in this support article will help you identify the camera model that you have, and will direct you as to which resolution settings should be available on it.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your feedback. That helped a lot