Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

My camera just freezes almost all the time whenever I try to view the files in the gallery.

Why is this? I was filming my friends yesterday and I almost couldn't show them the footage because whenever I go to the gallery, my camera just freezes for the most part and I have to take out the battery and memory card, both of which aren't good too! Help please.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: My camera just freezes almost all the time whenever I try to view the files in the gallery.

The same issue to me as well... I am thinking that maybe it's SD card issue but thinking to return the whole camera as also my battery only last for 1-1.2 hours of recording in 1080 60fps..

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: My camera just freezes almost all the time whenever I try to view the files in the gallery.

Please upgrade to a Hi Speed memory card. I am currently using SanDisk 32 GB and this freezing problem has almost disapperared.

Also Try keeping the memory card less occupied. Delete old/unwanted videos 

Highlighted
Tourist

It is a brand new 64GB sandisk extreme plus, also it was completely empty.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm even using the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64 GB SD card recommendation here: https://workswith.gopro.com/info

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi all,

which firmware are you using?

I might had the same issue with the stock firmware v01.00

I remember that Saturday, the first ever video I had shot, I could not see it, because the camera was frozen.  

and yes, I used the same card SDXC Samsung PRO+ 128GB U3 I use now.

please rate this info no more than 75%, as was a hectic day....

after upgrade v01.51 no problem. be aware of the reported bugs on this firmware (dual split image etc.)

robert

Highlighted
Backpacker

and edited reply

hi all,

which firmware are you using?

I might had the same issue with the stock firmware v01.00

I remember that Saturday, the first ever video I had shot, I could not see it, because the camera was frozen.  

I used the same card type, SDXC Samsung PRO+ 128GB U3 I use now.

but I took the sd card out of hero5 and put in hero6, with already h5 videos, pictures on it, and old firmware.

after a couple of hours I bought a new card, upgraded the firmware, formated the SD card on GoPro, and no more freeze. 

after upgrade v01.51 no problem with the freeze.

(be aware of the reported bugs on this firmware (dual split image etc.)..)

robert