Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My camera capture date stuck in "Tue, 20 Dec 5829506"

Thank you for the additional details that you provided, @jajaboss. Do you also see the same date when looking at the media through a computer or a different device? We tested with a MAX and the GoPro App but we are unable to replicate the issue. 

When you updated the camera firmware, was it done manually? If not, perform a manual update following steps under Manual Update here. After the update, do a factory reset. Then, see if the date gets corrected. 

If you have done all these and the issue remains, even with new recordings, please let us know. We will pass this along to the team in charge. Many thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I did normal firmware update

I manage to replica the problem pretty easy. I use iPhone so here is my instruction. 

iPhone > Setting > general > Language & Region > Calendar > in here you will have 3 option to choose from 1) Gregorian 2) Japanese 3) Buddhist

When you set it to Buddhist already

- Open you app

- Control Your GoPro

- Then tap on the Camera Preference in the top right (wrench icon)

- Scroll down to Set Date and Time, Tap it to Sync the camera time

Now when you take a new picture it should show the wrong date on that camera

If You couldn't replicate the problem I can upload the video for you.

BTW I have a lot of opinion on some of the thing that bother me. And I'm glad if I can help you out.

Thank You

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @jajaboss. This could be due to the calendar setting that you are using on your device. Have you been able to try using a different calendar? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Okay I just tried all of the calendar formats just now

Gregorian format show Tue, 4 Jun [Correct]

Japanese format show Fri, 1 Jan 2016 [Wrong]

Buddhist format show Tue, 20 Dec 5828963 [Wrong]

Looks like your software have some problems you need to fix

BTW This is the problems that get asked very often in Facebook Group in my country

Do something bro!

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the checking, and for sharing your findings, @jajaboss. We will pass this along to the App team.