Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

My brand new Hero5Session has been charged, but when I try to connect it to either my Mac or iPhone,

My brand new Hero5Session has been charged, but when I try to connect it to either my Mac or iPhone, it seems to go directly into video mode and the menu button does not allow me to scroll through the set up options.  the indicator shows a full battery in the upper right, a camera in the upper left. a timer on the bottom that increases by seconds.  in the upper left next to the camera icon it scrolls through the following: 30FPS, 1080,wide, 4H:01, and a picture icon. when I press the menu button, the screen says 'hlight tagged'

no matter what I do I cannot get to the 'connect' selection.

what do I need to do to connect - have read the on line manual and it does not have this information

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: My brand new Hero5Session has been charged, but when I try to connect it to either my Mac or iPh

sounds like you are not  correctly setting it up you are hitting other things like htesshutter that isstarting your video etc.