Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: My battery cover is not flush, will this be a problem for snorkelling?

[ New ]

I'm on my second Hero6 and both of them had a slight bulge on the battery cover. I think all of them are similar. Here is what mine looks like. I think its normal.

battery_door.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ New ]

Here is my camera.   If I  put a dollar bill flat It may match up, it is not going to be a credit cards  thickness if flat, is htat hte thickness you are having?   If I were to  trust it I find a way to run  water like a que tip  seeing ifany water passes the seal I dry it before I open the door and see if it passes  int othe bat area.   that amount of water will not harm the camera , a full dunk will.  

added note I can put pressure down on the door andfeel flex because I am forcing it not super hard but hard enough.  do I ttrust my camera, I never dunked  my hero 6 yet or even my hero 5. only my hero 4 session.

IMG_1909[1].JPG

Hiker

[ New ]

@fishycomics, if my GoPro looked like that at the battery door I wouldn't consider taking it back; but if it looked like @artztech's GoPro I would have send it without thinking twice. What I think is that they had a bad lot. If the replacement will look like it has a defect I will consider waiting for the GoPro Hero 7 but the thing is I don't know if the battery and the dual charger will be compatible as I already invested in that. Fingers crossed.

Adventurer

[ New ]

I amsure the accesorries will work. as the Hero 7 will be same camera updated firmware and added features, doubt any new hardware installed.

Hiker

[ New ]

Now I'm starting to get worried about my door cover. Do you guys think its really that bad? Can we get more people post an image how theirs looks like? I wish someone from GoPro would chime in on this. I still have one week to get an exchange but I don't want to get another and find something else wrong with it.

Hiker

[ New ]

As you, I have the same worries, but you know what, I will exchange it until I get good unit.

In the picture atached is my battery door and the official chat support told me that is definitely a manufacturing defect and waterprofness is affected by that. If it were a 100 dollars camera I wouldn't have bothered but it's 500 dollars in my country so at this kind of money no manufacturing defect, no matter how small, is acceptable.

20180819_220154_HDR.jpg