Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My almost brand new PC recognises camera is plugged in but doesn't recofnise the SD card?

My almost brand new PC recognises camera is plugged in but doesn't recognise the SD card?  I can view the files on the cmaera, my phone and my ipad but I cant download them via the USB cable.  It worked fine a couple of weeks ago but this happened once before and I had to remove the SD card and plug it in to PC.

I've rebooted PC and tried turning camera on before connecting USB cable and after connecting USB.

PS I'm in Australia so it is recognise and not recognize.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: My almost brand new PC recognises camera is plugged in but doesn't recofnise the SD card?

Is this on a Windows PC?

Try this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-installing-a-driver-upda...

Unfortunately, the new MTP protocol used when plugging in external devices such as phones and cameras is not very reliable. It's best to just use a USB adapter. If you have USB 3.0 ports and a USB 3.0 card reader, it will be much faster anyway.

Sometimes, turning the camera on and off while plugged in will help. Others have mentioned reviving the SD card and then reinserting, but if your gig to do this you might as well just use the adapter.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: My almost brand new PC recognises camera is plugged in but doesn't recofnise the SD card?

Is this on a Windows PC?

Try this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-installing-a-driver-upda...

Unfortunately, the new MTP protocol used when plugging in external devices such as phones and cameras is not very reliable. It's best to just use a USB adapter. If you have USB 3.0 ports and a USB 3.0 card reader, it will be much faster anyway.

Sometimes, turning the camera on and off while plugged in will help. Others have mentioned reviving the SD card and then reinserting, but if your gig to do this you might as well just use the adapter.