Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

My 7 Black did the same thing today.  Very frustrating.  I thought I had two fantastic videos at the racetrack today.  My GoPro attached to the front of my race motorcycle.  I got back and instead I had hundreds of burst photos.  It was definitely in video mode when I turned it on. Could the sound or vibration of my bike make it switch modes somehow?

GoPro

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

Sorry to hear about the missed footage, @fireytree31174. The vibration could change mode settings, but only if it would cause the shutter button to be pressed (to stop recording) and the mode button to change modes. If the camera is recording, pressing the mode button will simply add a HiLight to the footage. Was the voice control on at the time of the recording? 

If your camera has already been manually updated, and is using the recommended SD card and the issue persists, let our  Support team know so they can assist you further. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Best regards!