Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

[ Edited ]

@rocketmanspc

I reckon gopro won't be doing any updates anytime soon, best bet will be for you to try another sd card like I did.

What sd card are you using now? You can consider the Samsung Evo Plus 128gb MB-MC128GA/AM (about $30 online) just make sure you've got the model # correct..

No more burst shots for me :)

GoPro

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

Hi @faizalk

There is an update scheduled to be released this month.

Please continue checking our website for information.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Looking forward to the update! :)

Hiker

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @faizalk

There is an update scheduled to be released this month.

Please continue checking our website for information.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Can you give us a specific date? It was said early december and no sign of the update till now. Few more days and we will be in the half of december.

GoPro

Hi @andreis40011,

Sorry but we don't have specific date yet. 

We'll let you know. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Sightseer

Just tried the new 1.61 release out today, 12/11.  Seems to have solved the problem for my Hero 7 black.  No more random jumps to photo burst mode.  I'm using a 256 GB Samsung Evo Select card.  Hopefully this update will also solve the isuue of the battery never charging beyond 95% - 97%.

GoPro

Thanks for letting us know @htb6677

Please let us know if the battery issue is fixed as well.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Sightseer

Yes, it just finished charging.  The charge indicator went out (it never went out before) and the battery is at 100%.  Looks like it's fixed.