Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

I received my 7 black today and I'm having the same issue. Standby in photo mode and it takes 30 burst shots out of the blue. I deleted the burst shots and the cam takes another series of burst shots 2-3 minutes later..

What should I do?

GoPro

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

Hi @faizalk

Have you tried turning the voice control off? This is just to replicate what has been mentioned above.

If it's still the same, please run a manual software update. https://gopro.com/update

Also, what SD card are you using?

We hope to hear from you.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I'm not sure why but the problem went away w/o me doing anything except a factory reset.

However I'm unable to run a manual sofware update. Could it be the Sandisk SD card I'm using?

(after doing the factory reset, I wasn't asked to do an update and the software shows ver 1.51)

Would a factory reset cause the GoPro to revert to the original software (before updates)?

gopro sd card.jpg
GoPro

Hi @faizalk,

Nope.

It won't.

Also what is the exact model of your SD card? 

Is it the Extreme or Ultra?

-Jay 

Tourist

its def something to do with voice control. mine did this within 30 seconds of starting every time until i disabled voice control. another glitch in the camera software. 

GoPro

Hi @roadconephoto

This has been raised to the team in charge.

Please continue to check our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi @graytree76514,

It's the Sandisk Extreme 64gb UHS3/V30 which is on GoPro's approved list of SD cards

Tourist

Update, got my replacement camera yesterday and set it up to see if the problem was fixed. Left voice control off for about the first 30 minutes and no issues. Turned voice control on and so far it has jumped from single photo to burst three times and took pictures and one time it jumped from single picture and took a time warp photo. So it seems to be a systemic problem that the GoPro team will have to figure out and hopefully send us a software fix. In the meantime, leave voice control off.....