Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

Whenever I have the Hero 7 in video or single photo mode it will randomly jump to burst mode and take pictures. This happens even though I am not touching the remote, camera or the app on my phone and with no verbal commands. How can I stop this?

GoPro

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

Hi @rocketmanspc

Thanks for bringing this up.

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the camera? Preferences > Reset > Reset Defaults > Confirm Reset

If it's still the same, a manual software update is what we recommend next. https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: My Hero 7 jumps to burst mode and takes pictures on its own. How do I stop this?

I did both, the reset and the manual upload of the software but am still having the same problem. I have been turning features on one at a time to see if I can isolate what is causing the problem but since it is random it is hard to tell but I believe it has something to do with voice control. The last time it did it I was moving stuff around but not speaking and it when into burst mode and started taking pictures. So I turned off the wake on voice control and it did it again. Have had voice control completely turned off for about 30 minutes now and it has not repeated the problem so maybe the voice control is the issue.

GoPro

This is an interesting finding, @rocketmanspc. Is it only the wake on voice that you turned off, or the whole of the voice commands? It is good if the camera does not exhibit the issues again, but you should still be able to use the voice command features that your camera has. If the manual update did not completely resolve the issue and you are already using a recommended SD card from this list, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat. 

Tourist

I turned wake on voice off and it still did it. Then I turned the whole voice control off and let it sit for a couple hours with no issue. I then turned voice control back on with wake on voice off and within a couple of minutes it took burst photos again by itself even though it is not even set on burst. I will call the support team for assistance. Thanks for your help.
GoPro

Please let us know how will it goes @rocketmanspc,

Thanks,

-Jay 

Sightseer

I’m having the same issue with my new hero 7
Tourist

Update, it definitely has something to do with the voice control because when I shut it off it works fine. The last thing we tried was to do a factory reset and manually reload the software again. We also deleted and reloaded the app but unfortunately it would still jump to and take burst photos on its own. It also switched to time warp and started recording on its own as well. So the Go Pro help center told me to return it which I did and am waiting on the replacement now. However, I suspect it is an inherent software problem if Brianl150 is also having the same problem so odds are the replacement will have the same issue. Hopefully not, we will see and I will update when I receive it.