Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My Hero 5 Black is DEAD

I've had my (New) GoPro Hero 5 Black for little over a year. I only used it about 8-10 times to take some pics and a few simple videos. Was impressed with the video quality, but very disappointed with the sluggish camera software and unstable apps. 3 weeks ago, on a trip to Europe, I decided to film underwater at the beach. Everything was going well, until the camera froze, and didn't react to any action. I took the battery out and put it back in. It never came back to life. I tried a new, fully charged spare battery with no results. Tried pressing the buttons for 5-10-12 seconds in different sequences, nothing. I tried formatting the SD Card, nothing. No overheating, no signs of water leakage, it actually looks brand new. It's a useless brick. I've being trying to contact GoPro support for two weeks now, an impossible task yet, always busy or closed.

Can someone help me? I live in Argentina and can't just go to a store. 

I will NEVER buy another GoPro product in my life. 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My Hero 5 Black is DEAD

Hi @juanlarranaga

Try plugging the camera(without the battery) directly to a power source.

See if it powers on.

If it does, the issue can be on the battery connectors.

You may also try the steps on HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs            

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @juanlarranaga

Try plugging the camera(without the battery) directly to a power source.

See if it powers on.

If it does, the issue can be on the battery connectors.

You may also try the steps on HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs            

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your reply.

I did everything to try and get it back to life. Nothing happens, totally dead. I chatted with a support representative and followed all the steps, nothing. My camera is not under warranty, but I only used it a few times. Totally unacceptable, and if it did get water damage, it isn’t supposed to...because it’s waterproof. After reading all the horror stories about these cameras, I regret buying one.

Juan
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @juanlarranaga

I understand your case has been reviewed and a 25% discount was offered.

If you have further questions, please follow up with our Support Team regarding your case.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs   

Thanks!

Ej