Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

My Hero 4 black crashes when I insert batteries

Hi

My Hero 4 Black works and records fine when it's hookep up to the USB power cable.

Once Insert a battery, the camera simply will not turn on (Even if power cable is still connected), will not chage and will simply crash

if the power was on and I inserted a new battery. 

I have 4 ORIGINAL gopro batteries. I have made sure to completely drain and charge them... before writing this

I have also taken the care to reflash the camera and it working fine on USB Power. 

Short of changing the batteries I'm not sure what else to do... and again it does the same thing on all 4 batteries. 

Please help me out if you can

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: My Hero 4 black crashes when I insert batteries

@wgaetjens - Do the batteries charge while in the camera (do the red lights come on on the camera)?

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

No - they do not charge from the camera.

As soon as I insert the battery the camera will not turn on and the lights will go out.

I do have the genuine GoPro double battery charger to charge the batteries

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@wgaetjens - There could be a short in the battery connections then, or some other issue with the power supply. It's not something we can troubleshoot here on the Support Hub, but our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to work with you on this.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks you very much for your help