Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My Hero (2018) freezes on setup

Hi,
I bought my GoPro Hero (2018) in London on my way to Iceland. I followed the instructions about SD card and batteries, however, when I turn it on and proceed with the setup, the camera freezes. It goes like this:

I turn it on
It prompts the Language Setup.
I choose English.
It goes to the Conditions Agreement.
I Agree with conditions.
It goes to date setup.
I can pick any date.
Then it freezes on date setup as soon as I press check.

I tried to put the update on the SD card. Tried everything on PC, but I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My Hero (2018) freezes on setup

Hello @fastcreek25161

It would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can help with further troubleshooting. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @davimalmeida,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 
In which part of manual update process are you having problem?
Also you can try to contact GoPro Customer Support for live step by step instructions. 
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Click that link to contact them via phone or chat. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

As mentioned, as I turn on the camera and try to run the first time setup, this happens:

I turn it on
It prompts the Language Setup.
I choose English.
It goes to the Conditions Agreement.
I Agree with conditions.
It goes to date setup.
I can pick any date.
Then it freezes on date setup as soon as I press check.
Highlighted
Adventurer

from what I read. did you try thecamera NO CARD, if it crashes go back, get a replacement, camera can be faulty.  gopro you can call talk and see whatthey can do in the mean time. do not wait for your return policy to expire. that bewhat I do.

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried with no memory card, with a card no recommended by Go Pro and with a card recommended by Go Pro. 3 different tries. Unfortunately I can't get a replacement in the store I bought it since it was in London in my way to Iceland. I don't plan going to London anytime soon. So either Go Pro fixes it or they get me a replacement in Brazil.
Highlighted
Adventurer

totally understand. if you  are loading firmware make sure you have the file folder named in cap UPDATE and hte three bin files in the  folder that is in the driver of the sdxc card. there are a few ways we can  update the camera    I am going to do  a simple while on or quick capture and demo it   it is best to load up with 50% or more battery  power and turn on mode. the nthe way I am going to do it.

Highlighted
Adventurer

In my vid I am doing a lil more, just simply  put the card in  three ways it can update, if it fails all three ways get to gopro.   see what they can do.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have same problem and did all things update with without card still freezing on date . No idea what to do. I bough it from Hong Kong hope to replace next week .