Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My GoPro won't connect to Gopro Quik

I am having issusing connectting my Gopro Hero8 Black to the Gopro Quik software on my computer. I have made sure the software is current, i made sure my computer itself was upto date. It is aware that it is plugged in but nothing else happens. 

My husband made an account on his profile on the same computer, and it connected right away but wont connect to my personal GOpro Quik Account. 

I Attached an image to show you what happens when I connect to my computer

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 9.22.54 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro won't connect to Gopro Quik

This is odd, @marissaf6. The account login should not have an effect on the computer's or the app's recognition of the camera. Are you able to login to your account through GoPro.com ?

To verify, are you using exactly the same camera, cable, computer and Quik for desktop app? Do you also have a screenshot showing the same screen on the other account? These will help us isolate the issue. 

Also, see if the troubleshooting steps here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-desktop-Windows/ta-p/392932 will help. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro won't connect to Gopro Quik

This is odd, @marissaf6. The account login should not have an effect on the computer's or the app's recognition of the camera. Are you able to login to your account through GoPro.com ?

To verify, are you using exactly the same camera, cable, computer and Quik for desktop app? Do you also have a screenshot showing the same screen on the other account? These will help us isolate the issue. 

Also, see if the troubleshooting steps here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-desktop-Windows/ta-p/392932 will help.