Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My GoPro will turn on but i cant use it.

When i go to turn on my gopro it boots up then automaticly starts recording and when i go to end recording it just shuts off. If i hold down the cature button to turn the camera back on it boots up then starts taking burst photos and if i try to stop it it just shuts off again. When i plug it into a computer the computer dosn't register that its pluged in (I have tried on 3 diffent computers with the same out come). There was only one time when i had the camera on and it was recording and but no other fucntion worked but i pluged it into the computer and was able to get it to register and then was able to update it. After it had updated it was frazen i couldnt use the touch screen, the buttons didnt work, and it wouldnt turn off. I had to pull the battery to turn it off. I have 3 diffent SD cards 2 are 32gb lexar 633x and the other is a 32 gb sandisk extreme. I have reformated all of them to see it that would help the probelm and the same thing still happens. Im not sure what to do now at this point. I havent even gotten to really use the camera as i got it for christmas in 2016 and its only been used a hand full of times before i started having this problem.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: My GoPro will turn on but i cant use it.

Hi @corpuzandrew97,

Have you had a chance to manually update the camera? If not I would recommend giving that a try. https://gopro.com/update/hero5 . Even if you have the most up to date firmware this can resolve any issues you are seeing. I would go ahead and give that a try!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @corpuzandrew97,

Have you had a chance to manually update the camera? If not I would recommend giving that a try. https://gopro.com/update/hero5 . Even if you have the most up to date firmware this can resolve any issues you are seeing. I would go ahead and give that a try!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Yes I have tried manually updating the camera via quik desktop. I can't get my phone to connect because of the problem I'm having with the camera.
GoPro

@corpuzandrew97 Follow the link from my previous comment and select "Update your camera manually." This is a different process than updating through Quik for Desktop or Capture.

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

This seemed to work thank you.
GoPro

@corpuzandrew97 Glad to hear that worked!