Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro doesn’t turn on

Hi,
Here is the problem : my GoPro (HERO5) Dosen’t turn on anymore: it starts while snorkel I haven’t get to deep (1M max) it starts with a black screen, but still working (little front screen worked) I get out the water, GoPro got very hot, changed the battery, and nothing anymore, nothing worked, but still very hot.
I did everything what recommended on the support web site. What happens ?
No update, no deep water, no water inside, no shock .. nothing happened.
Every time in its suit.. what’s wrong ?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro doesn’t turn on

Hello @graycave73855. Water may have gotten into parts of the camera which cannot be seen from the outside, and may have damaged some components. If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps here and the issue remains, our Support team will be able to help further. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Highlighted
Tourist

You think so ?
My GoPro is protected, haven’t get deep, one meter, and always carefully close.
The previous thing I remember, right before the crash, I tried to changer setting, on the screen, into the water, of course it didn’t worked.

Then the only reaction I can get now it’s when I plug in the go pro, it gets hot. That’s it.

I am sorry I keep on the topic because I am in Thailand I can’t from now access to a number to call a support.

Which is a pity.. thailand is the best place for underwater pics.
Highlighted
Sightseer

take sd card out then press the power button then select exit menu but dont press to exit instead hold the shutter button down for 10s this will bring up the factory reset option select factory reset and you should be good to go ..

i had the same issues as you and did the above no my hero5 session is working great 

Highlighted
Tourist

Well here’s an update.
I changed the battery. Take off SD card, did hard reset (long press “Mode”). Both red led turned on ! For few second, nothing else. When I repeat same action, same result.

According some other website it might be caused because of the firmware crashes.
It’s recommend to reinstall manually the firmware (hopefully I’ve got my MacBook).

What do you think about that ?
Highlighted
Tourist

Well.
Impossible to update manually.
Seems like my GoPro is too frozen to read anything.

Anyway, when the GoPro is plug in sector. With battery (and SD). Front led keeps blinking at different speed (even unplugged). But nothing else.

Some other time. Unplug, no as, both led light up for few seconds, and the screens light up. But nothing can be done. No video, just light up. And everything shuts down.

Any idea ?
I would love to gets the support chat but I haven’t GoPro Care so it dosent work.
Highlighted
GoPro

@graycave73855 - The chat option is not only for those with GoPro Care or GoPro Plus subscription. The 24/7 support is. You can initiate a chat conversation with our Support team during hours of operation.