Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My GoPro Studio will not import MP4 files from my HERO7 Black. JPG files import fine. Suggestions?

I am trying to imporft MP4 files into GoPro Studio.  I know it is not officially supported anymore, but it has some features that work very well for my applications.  JPG files import just fine.  No error messages are displayed.  Does anyone have any suggestions re what I might be doing wrong, or what I might be failing to do?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro Studio will not import MP4 files from my HERO7 Black. JPG files import fine. Suggest...

Hello @bryanc14242. There are troubleshooting steps here that might help: Video Fails to Import into GoPro Studio  . Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro Studio will not import MP4 files from my HERO7 Black. JPG files import fine. Suggest...

Hello @bryanc14242. There are troubleshooting steps here that might help: Video Fails to Import into GoPro Studio  . Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks for your response and your help.  I had already gone through all the suggested troubleshooting steps before I posted my request for help.  My MP4 files play fine in other apps like MediaPlayer and VSDC, but GoPro Studio just won’t show them.  When I try to import an MP4 file into Studio I get a flash of a notice that says ‘Loading’ but nothing else.  My work-around is to run my MP4 files through Prism, convert them to .mov files, and then import them into GoPro Studio.  That works but it takes time and is more cumbersome than it should be. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,

I have been having the same issue for months and I am pretty annoyed regarding the money I invested in my GoPro...................

When I try to import the files in GoPro studio nothing happens and I reviewed all what you said...........What can I concretely do that will make it work???

Thansk for the help!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @spirysurf04415

Were you able to try the steps shared above?

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Thanks!
Ej