Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro Max is not powering on.......makes occasional power beep

I turned on my GoPro Max (purchased 12/2019) to verify the charge before taking a video (74%).  The screen went blank, but would not restore when I used the touchscreen. Throughout the day it has occasionally made the power beep, but still no other signs of life.  This really sucks as I otherwise love the camera , what times I get to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ive performed the following steps so far:

1)Held the mode button for up to 10 secs - no change

2) Removed the battery, waited a few seconds, reinstalled the battery - no change

3) Plugged directly into USB-C port with the GoPro cable, battery still removed - no change

4) Performed Step 3 again with a different USB-C cable and different power source - no change

5) Formatted the SD Card using my PC, re-installed - no change

6) Tried detecting with my PC - no change.

Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro Max is not powering on.......makes occasional power beep

Hi @redcliff00342

If it's still the same after going through the steps on MAX - Will Not Power On, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: My GoPro Max is not powering on.......makes occasional power beep

Thanks, i contacted support. They are sending me an additional battery to test with as I only had one to begin with. Waiting on it now to test further