Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My GoPro MAX has started to hang after upgrading software to latest v1.40. please help

I have upgraded the software manually as well as using android gopro app, but still there is issue of hanging in my gorpro max, whenever I try to change hero video mode to 360 video mode my gorpro hangs and i have to restart the camera but still when i change again, it hangs, basically i cannot use my 360 degree video mode, I am using sandisk 128 gb Extreme sd card, please help , its too frustating for me. Thanks in advance

20200307_123928.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro MAX has started to hang after upgrading software to latest v1.40. please help

Sorry, @dhavaljobu. We are not able to provide factory firmware. Since the issue with your MAX is still not resolved, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can walk you through further troubleshooting. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My GoPro MAX has started to hang after upgrading software to latest v1.40. please help

@dhavaljobu, the freezing issue in a camera is usually an indicator that the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. If the firmware is already updated to the latest version, reinstalling the update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. You can try the suggested troubleshooting steps indicated here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032 

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried all the steps for troubleshooting.
1st changed my sd card to new one.
2nd manually updated the firmware to latest by using same new sd card. Update was successfully installed, still camera is freezing.
3 Tried factory reseting several times.
My only hope is to get the factory firmware back on camera I suppose. But how ? Any file for it ?
Highlighted
Tourist

@aenriquez please help me to get factory firmware so i can downgrade and check. Thank you for your support
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry, @dhavaljobu. We are not able to provide factory firmware. Since the issue with your MAX is still not resolved, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can walk you through further troubleshooting. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.