Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

My GoPro Hero Black 7 will not turn on.

I have followed the steps suggested to format the mSD card and to re-insert the battery. Nothing works. When I plug the USB cord into my laptop the camera gets quite warm. What can be done to get the camera working? it is about 1 year old.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: My GoPro Hero Black 7 will not turn on.

I contacted gopro support and they are going to cover mine under warranty even though it's almost 6 months out of warranty.  Mine worked for a 3 minute video, then shut itself off like it normally does after 5 minutes.  When i went to use it again it was very warm and it never got warm again after that.  Dead, dead. Tried every single trouble shooting tip and then some.  Something shorted internally is my best guess.  Do and online chat with customer support.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks!

I have a copy of my receipt. I weill contact the support team for assistance.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@hardyflare83524, sorry to hear about the trouble. Do you get the same problem when you power the camera on without the SD card inserted?

The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO7 Will Not Power On

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm having the same problem and i'll be damned if i can figure out how to file a claim through gopro plus.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldbluff280,

Please contact GoPro customer support for assistance. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried the troubleshooting tips on the link provided, however, nothing works. Yes, I have removed the SD card and still no luck.

I do note, however, when I plug the camera in to a power outlet or to my laptop the camera itself gets quite warm. What other steps should I try or who do I need to contact?

Highlighted
Hiker

I contacted gopro support and they are going to cover mine under warranty even though it's almost 6 months out of warranty.  Mine worked for a 3 minute video, then shut itself off like it normally does after 5 minutes.  When i went to use it again it was very warm and it never got warm again after that.  Dead, dead. Tried every single trouble shooting tip and then some.  Something shorted internally is my best guess.  Do and online chat with customer support.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hardyflare83524

Yes, please contact GoPro customer support.

Just prepare a photo of your receipt since they might ask for it.

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks!

I have a copy of my receipt. I weill contact the support team for assistance.